To nurture future innovators and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to support a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the United States. The program is named in honor of Satyendra Nath Bose (1894 - 1974), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
The program is envisaged to:
- provide an opportunity to Indian students to experience world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- encourage and motivate students to take up research as a career;
- pave the way for the next generation of pioneers and innovators in science and technology to interact with each other, and;
- build long-term R&D linkages and collaborations cutting across boundaries around the globe.
- Indian citizens currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters' degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Open to students of Atmospheric and Earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences
- Health Insurance
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (No hard copies required)
S.N. Bose Scholars Program Awards 2015
S. N. Bose Scholars Program Awards: 2014
S. N. Bose Scholars Program Awards: 2013
Submission Deadline: 31 October 2015
Join us on Facebook!
For program information contact:
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road,
New Delhi - 110001,
For more info visit : http://iusstf.org/story/53-74-For-Indian-Students.html